There are 2 ways to order repeat prescriptions
- The surgery provides a pink prescription card for patients and this card has a full list of all your medications. When repeat prescriptions are required this pink card may be handed into reception and the prescription will be emailed to your nominated pharmacy within 48 hours(Mon-Fri). It may also be collected if so wished.
- Repeat prescription requests can also be ordered online using our Online Prescription Portal. Using this method your prescription will be sent by HealthMail to your nominated pharmacy within 48 hours (Mon-Fri). See Below.
Online Prescription Portal
All Private Patient prescriptions are subject to a charge of €10
All Medical Card (GMS and DVC) Patient prescriptions do not incur a fee.
Register here as a Medical Card Patient before ordering your repeat prescription.
Select the appropriate button to order your repeat prescription
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Prescriptions are prescribed by the GP to patients registered with Main Street Clinic, Lucan.
- Repeat prescriptions require regular monitoring, depending on the medication prescribed and patients will be required to attend the GP for review at least once every 12 months and on occasions more frequently.
- Monitoring may include blood tests, blood pressure checks or other investigations as appropriate to the medication or underlying condition.
- New medication or medication changes will occur in consultation with the GP in the surgery.
- Hospital prescriptions should be left into the surgery to allow updating of repeat prescriptions. If needed urgently your pharmacist can dispense an emergency supply.
- The GP should be made aware of all medications including OTC(over the counter medicines), that you are taking and any known drug allergies.